Thread Lift Aftercare
What to expect following a Thread Lift treatment
PDO Mono and Screw Threads
• Avoid make-up for 24 hours
• Avoid excessive sweat for 48 hours
• Avoid excessive heat for 48 hours
• Avoid alcohol for 24 hours before & after treatment
• Use cold compress or cool pack for swelling
• Avoid excessive pressure on treatment area
• Avoid lying on treatment area
• Avoid any unnecessary touching
• Tenderness can last up to 14 days
• No sunbeds for 7-10 days
• Bruising is completely normal
• Swelling can last for up to 7 days – Don’t panic
It’s important to understand there is a possibility of needing more treatments as results vary on each individual.
It’s important to understand that both a treatment and product combination are required to achieve expected results.
A treatment combination may be recommended to enhance desired results.
PDO/PCL/PLLA COG Threads
• Avoid caffeine for 48 hours prior to the appointment
• Avoid alcohol for 48 hours prior to the appointment
• Avoid anti-coagulants for 48 hours prior to the appointment
• Avoid blood thinners for 48 hours prior to the appointment
• Avoid any facial treatments for 7 days prior to the appointment
• Avoid any painkillers for 12 hours prior to the appointment
• Avoid any antihistamines for 24 hours prior to the appointment
• Avoid touching of the for 48 hours
• Clean the stitching with antiseptic spray daily until the skin has healed
• Keep the facial bandage on for 1 week
• Healing takes 10-14 days
• Cold pack to help reduce swelling
• Wear SPF 30+ daily
• Sleep on your back for 14 days after the appointment
• Avoid excessive heat / sweating for 48 hours after the treatment
• Avoid caffeine for 48 hours after the appointment
• Avoid alcohol for 48 hours after the appointment
• Avoid facial massages for 14 days after the appointment
• Avoid any strong facial expressions for 14 days
• Avoid make-up on treated area(s) for 14 days
• Avoid blood thinners for 48 hours after the appointment
• Avoid any facial treatments for 14 days after the appointment
• Avoid any antihistamines for 24 hours after the appointment
• Paracetamol can be taken if there is any discomfort
It is important to understand there is a possibility of needing more treatments as results vary on each individual.
Optimal results take 6 months
What are Anti-wrinkle injections?Anti-wrinkle injections uses a natural protein to temporarily relax muscles and prevent the formation of lines and creases that occur when muscles contract.
How do Anti-wrinkle injections work?Anti-wrinkle injections temporarily block the release of acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is a chemical substance that is released from nerve endings. It transmits signals to the muscle causing the muscle to contract. By blocking the release of acetylcholine, the muscle is unable to contract fully. This prevents creasing, as the muscles will not move.
Are Anti-wrinkle injections safe?The chemical substance used has been around around since the 1980s to treat a number of muscle spasms related issues. Treatments are completely safe when they are delivered by a trained and qualified practitioners.
How long till I see an effect?Anti-wrinkle treatments usually take 2 to 5 days to take effect, and the full effect is usually visible after 10 - 14 days.
How long do the effects last for?The effects usually last for 3 - 6 months.
Are there any side effects?The most common side effects is redness and swelling at the injections points immediately after the procedure. However, this usually lessens an hour post treatment. Bruising may occur. Some people experience mild headaches, which can be supressed with painkillers such as paracetamol.
What should I do after treatment?To help reduce the accidental spread to neighboring muscle groups, we recommend that you avoid lying flat for 4 hours, post-treatment and avoid the following activities for around 24 hours: Rubbing or massaging the area treated Vigorous exercise Any “facial” beauty treatments. Contact us 14 days after the procedure if a ‘touch-up’ is needed. Click here to see our full list of aftercare instructions
Frequently Answered Questions
Have a question?